How to capture screens without artifacts that tip the user as where to click

Problem: The software I want to simulate provides visual feedback to the user when they hover over the item. For example, the box is highlighted, or hover text appears. ActivePresenter 8 is capturing those screens because they are the screen showing when I click the mouse. This tips the user as wo what they need to do next, particularly in practice mode. I figured out that I can click somewhere else on the screen prior to where I actually wanted to click and that grabs a clean image that I might be able to swap out for the screen with the hover text and highlighting, but that really slows down my workflow. Is there a better way to do this?

ActivePresenter version: 8.5

Notes:

Hi Jim,

Please let me clarify again.

For your information, this may happen because of ActivePresenter default settings for recording.
You should change the value of Advance Screenshot Capture.
It is placed at the bottom of the Recording Settings for Software Simulation dialog.
By default, its duration is 500ms.
This means 500ms before you click a button, ActivePresenter will take a screenshot.
Enter the new value in the spin box to change for the higher duration so that you can take the screenshot before hovering.

Also, please note that you should not wait but click immediately when hovering to the target position.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Quynh Anh

Thank you for the response. This looks really helpful! I’m going to give it a try!

I was able to resolve this issue with the instructions and guidance you provided. I’m really excited about what I’m seeing in this software regarding simulations. I’m most experienced with Captivate and Storyline simulations and this is so much more flexible!

Hi again Jim,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Please feel free to get back to this community if you have any questions or concerns while experiencing our product.
We’re happy to assist you.

Best regards,
Quynh Anh

I discovered another way to accomplish what I wanted was to use the “Capture for Next Slide” functionality, F8 by default, also available in “Recording Settings for Software Simulation”. Experimenting with what works best.

Hi again Jim,

Your discovery is right.
The Capture For Next Slide feature is manual and the captured screenshot will be used as background for next steps.
Meanwhile, the Advance Screenshot Capture one is automatic.

Therefore, please feel free to utilize the features suitable with your purpose and share your thoughts with us and the community.
We always welcome contributing feedback from users to improve our product in the future versions.

Kind regards,
Quynh Anh