How do I change the tempdir folder?

How do I change the default location of the “tempdir” folder? Normally it’s on C. \ … It’s a system disk. After some time, the memory is missing and the program stops working :frowning:

Hi,

This is not officially supported but you can open the configuration file at (using Notepad):
C:\Users<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\ActivePresenter\ActivePresenter.apconfig
then replace all content in this file by following text (you need to update the location):

{
   "config.version":"7.0.0",
    "tempdir":"D:\\your_temp_path\\",
}

Regards,

THX, but i must change to old version. In version 7 1,5h record movie this is 45GB in tempdir…

Hi,

Regarding the recording file size, it depends mostly on the video codec and its quality settings which you can choose before recording (in the recording options).
For small file size, you can choose H.264/MPEG-4 AVC.

Regards,

Hi, This tip appears to be for ActivePresenter 7, is there an equivalent for ActiveCampaign 8? I am on 8.3.2 (the latest right now) and need to change the temp directory to a second hard drive in my machine to prevent it from running out of space mid-recording

Hi Bruce,

For recording, you also need to change the project location in ActivePresenter > Preferences > General > Project Location.

Regards,

Hi Phuong,

To confirm I understand, are the temp files stored in the same place as the project with version 8?

Thanks

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

There are two temporary file locations and the configuration above is used for the ones in the editing phase. The recording temporary files are stored at .ActivePresenterCachedProjects (a hidden folder) in the project location.

Regards,