How can i reset a slide when i am leaving? Because i want to comeback and make it again

Hi friends from ATOMI,

first i like your software very much, it has all the features that i need, it´s not so expensive and i can work with your software very fast. Good work! I started with a software called “Mediator” that i really liked, but it doesn´t exist anymore. After that, i swiched to a program from a really big player, called “Ca…” . It was terrible. It was absolutely slow and really buggy. Now i´m here.

My Question:
I make small quizzes. On a slide there are buttons and some pictures disappear or appear after a click on the right button and change his status and so on…

So, if i reached the end of the quizz i want to go back to the first slide and make the quizz once again. The problem is. The buttons are deactivated from the first visit.

So, what can i do. I discover at the “action window for the whole slide” the possibility to make actions when the slide is “unload”. Is this the right thing to make the buttons and all the status to the start adjustment?

Or is there a more global status or function like "make it like it was to begin when you leave the slide?

Thank you very much

Rainer

Hi Rainer,

For a built-in quiz, you need to change its Attempts in Properties > Interactivity tab (to Infinite or a certain number of attempts, depending on your needs) so that the quiz isn’t disabled once submitted.
You also need to add a Clear User Input action to the On Load event of the containing slide to clear what the user answered to that quiz.

If it’s a custom quiz you built from other objects, please let me know which properties you want to reset so that I can help.

Regards

Hi Toan,
thank you for your quick answer. I build the quiz on my own.

I checked my project once again. The only thing makes problems are the deactivated buttons. When the children run the project for the first time, i deactivate a button after they made a click on it.

When they should make the project one again (a click on the last side bring the children to the first slide) The buttons are still deactivated. The rest of the slide is ok.

Greetings from Germany

Hi Rainer,

If so, you can reset the button in the On Load event of the slide contains the button.
If you don’t know how to reset the button, please be more specific on how you “deactivate” it.

Regards

Hi Toan,

my deactivation process of the wrong button: I change the colour of the button by switching to an another state.

my deactivation process of the solution button: I change the colour of the object and activate an unvisible retangle so you can´t click on the other “wrong-buttons” once again. After that, the next slide comes.

Hi Rainer,

In your case, you just need to clear Retain State checkbox in the button Properties > Interactivity tab.

Regards

1 Like

Hi Toan,

thank you. Now it works.

Rainer