Hello,, i need help! i can't start recording video

Please choose an appropriate sub-category to post your question or topic. I can’t start recording on my Active presenter after downloading and successfully install the software

Hi,

Some users reported that the problem came from antivirus software like Avast.
It wrongly blocked ActivePresenter from accessing some locations on their computer.

Do you use Avast Antivirus? If so, ActivePresenter may be wrongly blocked by this program.
Please add ActivePresenter to the allowed list of antivirus software to see if it works.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hi,

I do not have any Antivirus active on my laptop. please help me!

Hi,

The problem may be caused because ActivePresenter doesn’t have enough permission to record your screen.

For Window:

Please try running ActivePresenter as administrator to see if it works.
(Right-click the ActivePresenter icon on the desktop > select “Run as administrator”)

For macOS:
Please take a look at this guide to control access to screen recording on Mac to see if it helps:

If the issue still persists, kindly share the log of ActivePresenter so we can check further.
To view the log, in the Start Page, click Preferences (the Gear icon) > Miscellaneous > View Log.
You can refer to this video to see the detailed steps: How to Find and Send ActivePresenter's Log File - ActivePresenter 8 - YouTube

BR,
Thuy

I have run it as administrator, yet “could not start capturing”

Please share the log of ActivePresenter so we can check further.
You can attach it here or email it to support@atomisystems.com.
To view the log, in the Start Page , click Preferences (the Gear icon) > Miscellaneous > View Log .
This video will show you the detailed steps: How to Find and Send ActivePresenter’s Log File - ActivePresenter 8 - YouTube

Will not start capture, it says activate.–30/03/2023. Will not let me upload log file to you.

Please try uploading the log file here again, @Gerry2328, or you can send it to support@atomisystems.com.