Firefox doesn't recognize mp4 within SCORM module

Problem: We have mp4 videos embedded on slides within our modules. The SCORM 1.2 modules work fine in any LMS when viewed in some browsers (like Chrome), however in some instances when users use Firefox, the LMS is looking for a WebM file. Is there any way to export the modules and include a conversion, or do we have to manually create WebM files and include it in the SCORM package?

ActivePresenter version: Pro Edition Version 8.5.5 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2022.03.08)

Notes: -

Hi Hoa,

thank you for your response.

Do you perhaps have a general idea when the update will happen? Then we can plan accordingly.

Regards,
Sheree

Hi Sheree,

We are sorry for misunderstanding the problem. We are investigating the issue and will get back to you soon.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi Sheree,

Firefox only supports playing MP4 (H.264 video codec) on some platforms, if you want to support as many platforms as possible, please select the Include WebM & Ogg option when exporting to HTML5. Can you please let us know the operating system and version of computers that your users used?

Following is the information about MP4 support of Firefox for some platforms:

• If users use Windows N, Windows Media Feature Pack needs to be installed. With some Windows updates, this package also needs updating.
  • If users use Linux-based operating systems, they can install GStreamer or FFMPEG but it’d be better to use WebM for this case.

Regards,

Hello Dao,

Thank you for your feedback.

As mentioned in my initial post, we only use SCORM 1.2, therefor exporting as HTML5 would not an option.

I requested the information you requested, but haven’t received input yet. But we have a multitude of clients, from various fields who are focussed on home office. Thus I think it will be difficult to reach every single end user, as some may have Windows (various versions) and others may use MacOS/Linux.

I will however communicate the criterias you mentioned with Windows N and Linux.

Do you have any suggestion with regards to SCORM 1.2?

Regards,
Sheree

Hi Sheree,

I am sorry for my mistake. The Include WebM & Ogg option is also available for SCORM and Experience API outputs.

Regards,

ah okay perfect - just found the check-box option in the export window.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Sheree