Error opening project: audio not found

Problem: error in opening project audio not found
I record my computer screen using camera and mic. Everything works during the record. After it, I check the record and everything is ok. But if I close the project and open it later, it always appears an error message the audio resource was not found. I have uninstalled the active presenter and reinstalled it. But it still appears the same message. It looks like a bug. How can I solve it?

ActivePresenter Version: 7.3.1

Notes:

Hi,

Did you move the project file to another location? Or did you delete any files or folders in the project folder?

If those are not the cases, then posting the log file is always helpful in identifying the issue.

Regards,

Hi,
Thank you for your fast reply. Answering your questions: No, I didnt move the project file to another location or even deleted the files or folders. When I record the computer screen using camera and mic, the audio shows in a folder separately. Then I have to open the project file and insert the audio as if it was an extra audio. So the project file has a slide, a webcam, an audio without sound, and a second audio inserted to produce the voice sound. Then I save it again. The next time I have to open the project file, it shows the message error about the audio source. Its strange. I don`t have the log file to post here. I hope you have understood the error.
Regards,

Hi,

You can find the log file in the path
C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\ActivePresenter\ActivePresenter.log

Regards,

You shouldn’t touch those recorded audio files directly!
After recording, all you need is to work with the project file itself.
ActivePresenter stores large audio and video in external files for performance reason, they should be kept intact and those audio files should have already been added to your recorded project already.
Issues may occur because you added them again.

Regards,

Hi,
I did what you said. After recording I work with the project file itself. I check the recording and everything sounds good. But if I open the project file in the next day, the audio file simply disappears. As you said It should have already been added to my recorded project but it disappears after closing it. I will print the log file.
Thank you anyway.

I am also experiencing problems with a project shared with me - the creator of the project has no problem hearing the audio he recorded, but when I open the shared project I get an error, and the audio files are missing. Error messages below -

2020-08-12 09:56:07: Resource file not found: C:\Users\clairec\Downloads\APAutomation_files\10113_.wav
2020-08-12 09:56:07: Resource file not found: C:\Users\clairec\Downloads\APAutomation_files\10114_.wav

I have ActivePresenter’s latest version installed; checked for updates today. Was this issue ever duplicated and/or resolved?

Hi Claire,

For performance reason, ActivePresenter stores large audio/video resources of a project in an external data folder named PROJECT_FILE_files. In this case, the shared project maybe lack of this external data files. Therefore, you can open the project only if the creator sends the project and its external folder to you.
Please be noted that the project name and its external file name must be the same; and they must be in one location, also.
When copying, moving or renaming a project file, please make sure to copy, move, or rename its data folder (if any) accordingly.

Regards,