ERROR: Could not create default object templates

Problem:
17:46:19: Directory ‘C:\Users\User\Documents\ActivePresenter’ couldn’t be created (error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.)
17:46:19: Directory ‘C:\Users\User\Documents\ActivePresenter’ couldn’t be created (error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.)
17:46:19: Directory ‘C:\Users\User\Documents\ActivePresenter Templates’ couldn’t be created (error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.)

ActivePresenter version: Windows 8.1.1

Help me please? I need this app for tomorrows’ meeting. Thank you a bunch!

Hi,

The problem may come from Windows or ActivePresenter depending on PCs.

Check if it is a Windows problem:

Open your web browser and press Ctrl+ S, then save the file to Documents folder: C:\Users<your_user_name>\Documents.

If you cannot save the file, so it is a Windows problem.

There are some tricks to fix this problem on Microsoft forum at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-save-in-my-documents-folder/b3857a15-5cb6-4819-94ae-cee0128a9178

If the problem persists, you can try the steps as the case of an ActivePresenter problem.

An ActivePresenter problem:

I am not sure if it is actually an problem of ActivePresenter but the following workaround will help:

• Create a data folder outside the Document folder, for example a folder named ActivePresenter on Desktop.
  • Inside that folder, create two folder: ActivePresenter Projects and ActivePresenter Templates.
  • Start ActivePresenter, click Preferences (the Gear icon) > General and set Project Location and Template Location to these folders.
  • Click OK and restart the program.

The same problem was discussed before, you can refer to this thread for more details: Could not create default object templates Activepresenter Error

Regards,