Drag&Drop Question

Problem:
I’m new to AP and I really like it so far. Currently I’m evaluating, if we can realize old Captivate projects with CP.
I created a slide where I want to drag shapes created in AP (!) to targets. I set the “Drag Source” option for the shape but unfortunately it does not appear in the question’s drop targets accept list . Also it is not possible to “draw the line” with the mouse. I’d assume that the dragable objects created outside of the question object must somehow be added to the question. Any help would be highly appreciated.

My workaround would be to use images instead of AP shapes (which works fine) but I’d still think that there should be a better solution for this.

ActivePresenter version: 8.3.2

Notes:

Hi Ludger,

You can try using Drop Area to see if it helps.
This feature is useful to create drag-n-drop interactions.
This article with the tutorial video inside may give you the necessary information:

In case you use Drag-n-Drop question, you can select each drag source, and convert it into another shape by accessing the Format tab > Change Shape > select a built-in shape from the list.

Best regards,
Thuy

Dear Thuy,

thank you very much. This indeed works, but how do I integrate the newly created drop target into my drag&drop question? I’m new to AP.

I have 4 drop targets and 4 drag sources in the question. Once all drags are placed on a target the question should evaluate the results.

Best wishes
Ludger

Hi Ludger,

In ActivePresenter, it is not possible to integrate your own newly created drop target into your Drag-n-Drop question.

If you want to insert more drag sources and drop targets, you can click the green plus button:

Then, use the newly added drop target, and customize it to meet your needs.
Check out this tutorial to have more useful information:

Best regards,

Dear Thuy,
thank you. I will then try the workaround with images created outside of AP.
Maybe in one of the next versions you could try to add more flexibility for Drag&Drop questions. If it works for Drop Areas why not for Drag&Drop questions as well?

For the workaround: Is there any option in AP to save a group of objects as an image? In PPT I can select a group of objects and say “Save as image”.

Best wishes
Ludger

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, we are planning to improve Drag-n-Drop questions in ActivePresenter.
Thank you for your feedback, Ludger.

Regarding the “Save as Image” feature, we’ll consider implementing that if there are more requests from users.

Have a nice day,
Thuy

1 Like

A save as image feature (like Powerpoint) would be really great. Also a replace image. (I’m new, yesterday, to AP, so may not have found these if they exist…).
Having groups as drag items would be lovely.
I imported some slides from Powerpoint and was initially confused why my images weren’t in the resoures, but I realise now it’s because they are groups.
Great software so far though! Looking forward to learning more.

Welcome Sarie!

I would like to upvote:

Cheers,
Keith

Hi @Sarie and @Keith,

Thanks for your concern and ideas.
Actually, you can set drag items as a group object by pressing CTL+G on the keyboard or right-clicking them > Group > Group.
The above manipulation is just not possible to do in the Drag-n-drop question.

Have a nice day,
Thuy

1 Like