Display bug between HTML5 export locally on the computer and on a remote server

Problem: I am working on a resonsive project. In my preliminary tests, I discovered a display bug. I will try to explain it to you clearly (I am French and I write moderately English).

I first made a simple, non-responsive home page (colored background and a logo centered in the middle of the page) in 1920x1032 pixels. My status bar having a height of 58 pixels, I finally get a total height of my display surface of 58 + 1032 = 1080. Thus, when I click on the full screen button, my project displays well on the entire monitor (which is 1920x1080 pixels).

When I export the project to HTML5, first on my computer, then by FTP on the server, the display is the same, everything is perfect.

Then I come back to ActivePresenter. I transform this home page into a responsive format. And I settings 3 formats:

1. Computer: 1920 x 1038 pixels (landscape mode)
  2. Tablet: 768 x 1024 (portrait mode)
  3. Smartphone: 375 x 812 (portrait mode)

I then correctly position the logo in each of these formats.

Then I export the project in HTML5 to my computer.
When I view the home page, it is as it should be. No worries.

When I copy the HTML5 export to the remote server and view the home page, I discover the systematic appearance of an elevator bar which makes me understand that the height of the display has been increased!

Is there a way to fix this? How? ‘Or’ What ? Does the export to HTML5 have to be done using a particular method?

Thank you.

ActivePresenter version: 8.5.3

Notes:

Here the link to download the simple one page responsive project :slight_smile:
http://www.gilloo.fr/jdr/Archive.zip

Hi Gilloo,

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the issue?
Kindly take note that responsive projects only support fixed-layout height for every single layout. If the screen height is larger than the layouts’, there will be a blank.

Regards,
Yen

Sorry to respond so late, but I had some personal and professional issues. The project on which I was is put in brackets which I will come back here perhaps soon to try to solve the problem I had.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like