Default SCORM Behaviour

I’ve downloaded the trial of AP and have spent some time trying to build a basic SCORM publication but keep hitting a wall with regards to the default exit behaviour.

The publication is just one blank slide published to SCORM 1.2 and tested in Moodle.

Every time the publication ends, it sets min, max and raw score. The last throws an error because the score value is 'NaN. Lastly is sets the lesson_status to failed.

I don’t need any of that data - I simply want to set the module to complete or incomplete.

Hi,

We confirm it is a bug in the current version of ActivePresenter when there is no graded interaction in the content. We will release a fix soon.

Regarding the lesson status problem, ActivePresenter only support pass/failed in the Tutorial/Practice/Test mode. You can change the Pass condition in the Export To HTML5 dialog (eg. Number of slide viewed instead of Point gained).

Regards,

Is there anyway (action or javascript) to set the completion manually rather than using the in-built pass conditions?

I’m trying AP alongside Storyline 360 and prefer this software, but SL has an action that allows me to set a completion trigger based on my own conditions.

Hi,

You just need to add following code into ActivePresenter > Project > Properties > Event:

SCORM 1.2:

if (!prez.lmsInitEx){
    prez.lmsInitEx = true;
    if (prez.lms) {
        var fEndLesson = prez.lms.endLesson;
        prez.lms.endLesson = function(bTimeout){
            fEndLesson.call(this, bTimeout);
            var bPassed = prez.result();
            doLMSSetValue('cmi.core.lesson_status', bPassed ? 'completed' : 'incomplete');
            doLMSCommit();
        }
    }
}

SCORM 2004:

if (!prez.lmsInitEx){
    prez.lmsInitEx = true;
    if (prez.lms) {
        var fEndLesson = prez.lms.endLesson;
        prez.lms.endLesson = function(bTimeout){
            fEndLesson.call(this, bTimeout);
            var bPassed = prez.result();
            doSetValue('cmi.completion_status', bPassed ? 'completed' : 'incomplete');
            doCommit();
        }
    }
}

By the way, we have just released an update to fix the NaN issue.

Regards,

Thank you.

Both of these work.