Data capture and return to course

Problem:

Has anyone experiencing doing data capture obvious basic example…getting user name and then responding to input using that persons name through the course. capture local data such as date. and display items by date.

another example store data let user leave course then return so you can pick up where they left off

ActivePresenter version: 8.5.6

Notes:

Hi,

You can use text entries and assign variables to them in order to get information from users.
For your reference, take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob0c6vf4uAQ

If you want to get user name from the LMS, let’s see this thread:

Regarding “store data let user leave course then return so you can pick up where they left off”, if you export files to SCORM or xAPI, this feature is available, you don’t need to set up anymore. However, this feature is not supported if you export files to HTML5.

Regards,
Quynh

Thanks for that very useful, apologies if the answer was on site its not easy as no simple search system.
I have used as product previously were you could export out to local disk and retrieve from disk later but I guess that is getting old fashioned these days.
Been doing e-learning for about 20 years I guess it shows