Custom Navigation

Hi,

I’m trying to create a pool of questions but without showing the playbar, so I inserted two arrows in the Slide master to navigate back and forward. The interactions work fine until all questions are answered, after that, events on the arrows are useless because the navigation is blocked or the timeline continues playing without pausing.
Could you please check my file and let me know how can I avoid this? (I’m using free version of AP7)

Thank you

Hi Cecilia,

The issue happens because after answering the last question (which has only one attempt), the presentation continue playing to the end. You can not interact with the content after it is ended. To avoid the issue, you can insert a button, move it to outside the area of slide so viewer can not see it, go to Properties > Interactivity > General and set Pause presentation to wait for user input to Just before hiding object.

Regards,

Thank you Dao for your answer! your solution works.
I’m trying to set up something like On load> pause timeline (at 2 seconds> if > Quizz > is complete, but I can’t figure out how to do it. Any idea?

Regards,

Hi,

Please try following steps:

• Insert a button, set Pause presentation to wait for user input to After showing object 2s.
  • Select the slide, go to Properties > Interactivity > Events & Actions, add the Load event to the slide.
  • Add a Hide Object action to hide the inserted button.
  • Add the following condition to the action: apQuizTakenInteractions < apQuizTotalInteractions.

Regards,

Thank you Dao for your detailed reply! It works perfectly. Thank you!