Closed Captioning Assistance

Problem: Closed Captioning appears in one large, word wrapped text box on the slide.

I have used the text to speech feature to insert audio to each slide from a PowerPoint import. I would like to use the text for Closed Captioning. The only way I have found to do this is to insert snippets of the text while aligning the snippets to the audio. Is there a way to have the closed captioning span the entire length of the audio or the length of the slide timing?
Thank you.

ActivePresenter version: ActivePresenter Pro Edition Version 9.0.6

Hi Carlos,

At this time, ActivePresenter hasn’t supported this case yet.
You can copy text to the text document > edit it following the srt format then import it to ActivePresenter as a workaround.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hello and thank you for your response.

This is in response to your email.

I am familiar with converting closed captioning into audio and have tried to use that feature. That is not what I am trying to do.

I have a one minute script for each slide. I have uploaded the script and have the software generate the audio from it. I would like to use the script to populate the closed captioning.

I do not need audio in the background.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you.

~Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your explanation.
Please consider my suggestion in the above response as a workaround for this case.

Have a good day,
Thuy

Hello Thuy,

Hope you are well.

Are there any features to ActivePresenter that will automatically generate the Closed Captioning? The audio work around does not work for what I am trying to do.

Thank you.

~Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

I just want to make sure if you have followed Ms. Thuy’s instructions:

The text in the image she sent is the sample how the format for the text document should look like.
Then, edit them with the right timing that you want each sentence to appear in each slide.
Save the file, change the file type from .txt to .srt.

:point_down:

Import it to ActivePresenter by clicking the arrow next to Closed Caption > From File….
This way will allow you to import the whole CC at a time, not having to add each CC object one by one.
And, it is the only workaround at the moment.

About the feature request, as mentioned before, it is not supported in ActivePresenter yet, unfortunately.
We will try to support it in the future.

BR,
Quynh Anh