Changing cursor style

Problem: Want to try changing cursor style. But on Properties pane, “Cursor” is not shown as something I can change. What am I missing?

ActivePresenter version: 8.3.2

Notes: brand-new user

Hi Orsonk,

I suppose that you recorded a video and now you want to change the cursor style.
If so, normally, you can change it in the Properties pane > Media tab > Cursor Effects section.

If you did not see the Cursor Effects section in the Properties pane, it seems that before recording, these checkboxes are not selected:

Regards,
Yen

I confirmed that those 2 checkboxes are checked. I recorded my software. But the Properties pane I see has nothing called Cursor Effects. I guess I’m still doing something wrong. See attached images for what my Properties pane shows.

Orson

Hi Orsonk,

Please select the video first, then navigate to the Properties pane > Media tab > Cursor Effects section.

Regards,
Yen

Thanks. Yes, that worked.

Now… Documentation says I can change the cursor style. In the recording I’m using there is no Properties pane > Cursor > Cursor Image. I’m using Record Video. Do I need to “Record Software Simulation” in order to be able to change the cursor image?

Orson

Hi Orson,

Please select Record Software Simulation, then you are free to change cursor image in the Properties pane.

Regards,
Yen