Can I split audio from an imported mp4 file

Problem: I imported an mp4 file into a project. I would like to apply noise reduction to it. Is this possible, or do I need to split the file into audio and video and if so how is this done, thanks.

ActivePresenter version: 8

Notes:

Hello,

In ActivePresenter, reduce noise feature is just available for audio objects only.
If you had an mp4 file, you can separate audio from video then apply Audio Noise Reduction feature.
Please watch this video to know how:

Kind regards,
Thuy

I just tried that, but it didn´t work. AP always imports the audio (from a MP4 file) as 3 lines in the timeline and doesn´t allow noise reduction or levelling.!
I tried importing from project ressources and also importing from a file, with the same result.
AP video split|690x373

Hi Hans,

Can you please share the project which has the issue and its external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files if any so that we can check?
If these files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive then email to us through support@atomisystems.com.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your project, Hans.
After checking it, we found out that your Expand Animation feature is selected.
That was the reason why your audio appeared as 3 lines.

Now, just right-click on your audio object time bar in the Timeline pane > deselect Expand Animations.

Besides, I want to add additional information. When creating new audio, you should select Import an audio from your computer in Audio section of the Properties pane > Audio Files > All Files > then pick the video that you want to use its sound.

By this way, you now can apply the Audio Noise Reduction feature for your audio object.

Hope that it helps.
Thuy