Audio Playback Issues

Problem: Hello! I’m newer to AP8. I’m trying to add auto recording either by file upload or directly recording new. I’ve tried with my laptop speakers as well as with a USB external mic. Neither are working properly. I record and present utilizing both of these recording capabilities or other software such as Adobe Captivate, so I know these devices work. I’m just trying to figure out what i’m doing wrong. I’ve checked privacy settings, microphone settings, firewalls… with no luck.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

ActivePresenter version: AP8 Pro Version Version 8.5.7 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2022.05.16)

Notes:

Hi Sallie,

Did you mean you can not hear the audio when previewing?
Please make sure that you don’t plug/unplug audio device while running ActivePresenter 8.
If your computer has multiple audio outputs (laptop speaker and headphone, for example), please check if ActivePresenter plays audio through one of them.
If the problem still persists, please let me know.

Regards,

I have tried audio with no external mic as well as with using my built-in speakers. Neither work and, I have made sure to follow your directions. I have no issues with any other software. I have also looked at all Audio issues listed within the community and tried troubleshooting. How can I get some additional support? Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Sallie

Hi Sallie,

Can you please share the entire log file? If you can’t attach it here, you can email it to support@atomisystems.com. Please also try exporting the project to MP4 then open the exported video by a media player to check if audio is still fine in that case.

Regards,