Audio ON/OFF and selection button

Hi everyone, I hope you’re well :slight_smile:

I’ve been a user of ActivePresenter for a while, and absolutely LOVE it.

I have a question that I’m hoping that more advanced users than myself can help me with.

I plan to make a course that has an english audio track, as well as a french track.

Is there a way that I can create a button at the start of the course that turns on or off the audio, as well as selects either english/french?

I hope the above makes sense, and fingers crossed someone can help me with this?

Many thanks and have a great day,
Chris

Yes this is quite easy to accomplish actually. One option is to create two buttons, one for English and one for French. Create a boolean (TRUE/FALSE) variable for English and another one for French. ex var_English, var_French. Set the variables to FALSE. Then, assign a trigger to each button that will adjust the variable associated with that button to TRUE. This way if the user selects ENGLISH AUDIO then var_English will be true and var_French will still be false. The same will be true for the FRENCH AUDIO button. Be sure to only assign the variable you want to the button that it corresponds with. Then on all subsequent slides, have both English and French audio tracks. Set a trigger to only play the audio track if the variable that you created is true. This will effectively hide the other audio track. Let me know if there is anything that is unclear and I will try to be more detailed.

2 Likes

I would add that if you choose to work with multiple variables and buttons that you will want to consider some additional error proofing. Especially if the design is meant to disable one or the other at the onset.

For example - what if the learner changes their mind and selects the other button? You will want to make sure that not only does the selected one change to TRUE but the other changes back to FALSE.

Another thought… Is it OK for the learner to listen to both?
If so , that would change the logic that is used.

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, I’ve been away from my machine for a few days :slight_smile: I will try all these suggestions you’ve kindly suggested :slight_smile: thank you for taking the time to get back to me, I really appreciate it :slight_smile: