Animation - turn object then move it

Problem: I have an Arrow (pointing upward) that flies in from the bottom of the screen. I’m trying to get it to stay there for a bit, then turn the arrow so it points to the right. Lastly, after the arrow is pointing to the right, move it towards the right side. I have tried arcs, custom path. I can’t get it to turn, let alone advance to a new location. I’m starting to think it’s not possible. If not, that’s ok. I just wanted to see if i could do it.

ActivePresenter version: ActivePresenter Standard Edition
Version 8.5.6 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2022.04.12)

Notes:

Hi Terri,

In this case, there is a workaround for you to consider.
You can insert 2 arrows (1 Up and 1 Right arrow), then adjust the apprearing duration of each shape as in the image below:

After that, add animation to the Up arrow (for example, Spin effect) to make the transition between 2 objects smooth.

To make the arrow move up or move to the right side, kindly choose each object > Animations tab > Add Animation > Motion Path > Line.
Then adjust the red point to determine the stop point of your object.

Hope this helps.

BR,
Quynh Anh

1 Like

Thank you. Your solution seems so obvious now. :grin:

How do you make it spin only quarter turn (from pointing up to pointing right)? I put in the spin (as exit effect), but it’s spinning 360 degrees. I’m trying to find a way to adjust this to only 90 degrees.

I found this statement on another question: Version 9 of ActivePresenter will support to rotate object lefts or right 90 degrees, flip objects horizontally or vertically.

Maybe this can’t be done until new version?? If so, when will that version be available?

Hi again Terri,

For your first concern, the only way to make it spin a quarter turn is to self-align until it spins 1/4 turn, then show arrow 2 and hide arrow 1 at the same time.
There is currently no automatic option for you to do that.

Regarding the second question, the rotate feature in the upcoming version is unrelated to the animation that you want here.
If you have interest in our ActivePresenter 9, please stay tuned and keep updated on this community and our other channels as it will be released soon, hopefully in the next few weeks.

BR,
Quynh Anh

To self-align and manually adjust, do you mean creating a bunch of objects (arrows). And each one is in a slightly different position. And when you string them together, it makes the appears that it’s moving, but it’s actually 15 or more objects in different positions?

Hi Terri,

What I mean here is that you need to self-align and manually adjust the spin effect at the point when the arrow turns right.
As the spin effect is 360 degrees, you have to wait and adjust arrow 1 to spin 90 degrees manually, then hide it and show arrow 2 at the same time. I understand this is not an optimal way, but seemingly the only workaround here.

Regarding the moving animation (moving towards to the right side), as I mentioned in my first response, you just need to use 2 arrows, then add the Motion Path animation as guidance to make the arrows moving up or right.

Hope this clarifies.

Best,
Quynh Anh

I got it working! Thank you.