Advanced Actions Reuse

Problem: Hello, is there any way to reuse the advanced actions between different pages of a project?
Thanks!!

ActivePresenter Version: 8.

Notes:

Hi,

Advanced Actions are meant for reusing, that’s why you must name them when creating.
You should take a look at below article:

Regards,

Thanks for your answer. Excuse me, I was referring to using them in different projects, not in pages of the same project.
Thank you!!

Hi,

Unfortunately, at the current version, reusing advanced actions in different projects is not supported.
We will try to implement it in the future release.

Regards,

Hi,

In this regard, it would be awesome to save advanced action in events with object templates.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

it still does not seem to be possible to save advanced actions with object templates, right? Or am I missing something.
If not this would be a really cool feature.
Best, Rolf

Thank you, guys, for your suggestions.

I would like to note that each project has a lot of objects with different names.
The project with advanced actions will work when the advanced actions are set with correct and specific object names.
Objects in advanced actions are related to each other in the same project.
If we save an object with advanced actions as an object template, then apply it to another project, there is no relation exists between it and objects in the new project.

So, the feature you mentioned is not supported.
Regards,
Thuy

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply, Thuy,

In my case, the action within the advanced action is a simple piece of JS code:

prez.Richtig.push(this.name().substring(5));

So, it does not make reference to any object other than the object that starts the action and the object prez.Richtig, which is part of the same slide and defined ‘on load’.But I take it that this is not supported either …
Thanks, Rolf

At this time, it is not possible to reuse advanced action in multiple projects, Rolf.
If you want to reuse the above JS code in the slide On Load event, you can consider saving your project as a custom theme.
Please refer to this article for information:

Regards,
Thuy