ActivePresenter very slow on macOS

Hey,
I have a problem with the macOS-Version. Is that a general problem with macOS or is it my machine??

Perhaps, someone can help me.
Thank you!

Problem: interacting with the user Interface is very slow, e.g. moving/resizing the capturing area reacts ~1s after mouse movement. Same problem when I move something in the timeline or select another frame…
Because of this, editing is very unpleasant!
On an much older Windows machine, this Problem doesn’t exist…

ActivePresenter Version: 8.0.5, same problem with 7.5.13 and 6.1.6

Notes: MacBook Pro 16’’, i9 8*5,0GHz, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Hi Alexander,

Did you move the capture area while recording or while setting up the recording? If it happens while recording, please try using the H.264 video codec to see if it happens or not.

Regarding the problem in the editor, can you please let us know the resolution of the video that you are editing (if any)? We have not faced the similar issue in our tests with weaker MACs

Regards,

Hey,

it’s always slow! I recorded two examples: (with macOS-integrated capturing)

1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0hji7m8qtryiis/resize_capture_area.mp4?dl=0
    we see, when I’m resizing the capturing area it’s delayed. And: the larger the area, the greater the delay!

2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v8ldw44szs0jb9/user_interface.mp4?dl=0
    when interacting with timeline, there’s also an delay… the recorded screen section is 350x120 px.

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing the video.

The speed of moving playhead in the editor depends on the video resolution and video type. We are working to improve the performance on this operation.
I can also see that selecting capture area on macOS is slower than Windows but not too slow as in your video. We will check this problem again and try to improve it.

Regards,

Hi,
I am having the same problem. Is there a solution?

ActivePresenter Version: 9.0.1 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2022.10.06)

Notes: Mac Pro 3,5 GHz Xeon, 16 GB Ram, 2x AMD FirePro D500

The interface becomes slow and laggy. I recorded one examples:

Hi Burhan,

Thanks for the video. Can you please let me know the resolution of the image? ActivePresenter may work slower for large resolution images.

Regards,

Hi Dao,
The dimensions of the image are 1600 x 1066 and 72 dpi.

Hey,

I found a solution! I had the same problem with VirtualBox…

VirtualBox and ActivePresenter have problems with the retina display!

Solution 1: in info.plist file setting NSHighResolutionCapable to false (virtualbox.org • View topic - Please Help - Poor Performance with 2019 16" MacBook Pro)
New Problem with that option: the microphone won’t work any more…

Solution 2: downloading “EasyRes” from AppStore (‎EasyRes im Mac App Store) and when using ActivePresenter, I switch from retina-resolution to a non-retina-resolution and ActivePresenter works well :+1:

@phuongdv: perhaps your developer team can fix the problem in code to work with retina-resolution.

Regards

2 Likes

Hi Alexander,
EasyRes really solves the problem. It works perfectly now. Millions of thanks.

@phuongdv: I hope you release an update as soon as possible that will fix this issue.

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks for your information.
Can you please let me know the resolutions of your displays? We have tested with 1920x1080 videos on multiple macOS machines with Retina displays but it still works well.

Regards,

Hi,
I tested it on a DEll 4K Monitor with resolutions of 3200 x 1800 and 2560 x 1440. Everything in the interface is running extremely slow.