ActivePresenter version 8.3.0 fails to record the video

Hi there all,

Just letting you know there is something wrong with the latest version 8.3.0 because it fails to capture the video from the screen.

I’ve removed it, installed version 7.5.15, which is searchable from the download section of the website, and found that it works nicely and smoothly when it comes to recording videos.

So there must have been some wrong implementations in version 8.3.0.

Btw I run Windows 10 Home (64-bit) 1909 on my home notebook.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there,

Could you install ActivePresenter 8.3.0 and try recording again?
If the issue persists, please share the log of ActivePresenter so we can analyze the reason.
To view the log, click ActivePresenter > Preferences > Miscellaneous > View Log.
You can upload it here or email us to our address support@atomisystems.com.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hi there, Thuy.

Just sent the log file to support address. Please check it and let me know if I could be of further help.

You need to search the text line “2020-12-24 06:01:01: ActivePresenter 8.3.0” in attached file to see the details.

Thanks and season greetings.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the log.

It seems the problem is related to audio recording. Can you please try turning off audio (and camera) recording options to see if it occurs or not? Can you please confirm that it is possible to record audio with version 7.5.15?

Regards,

I just downloaded the “free version” to try this app out. V 8.3.0 (64 bit version). I want to record video/audio from a youTube. I launched Safari and used the custom size to select the youTube window within Safari. The audio records perfectly but the video ONLY records the desktop. Help

Hi,

The issue may caused because ActivePresenter doesn’t have enough permission to record.
Please take a look at this guide to control access to screen recording on Mac to see if it helps:

Best regards,

Hello, I have Windows 10 and I have the same problem. When I record my screen, it records a black screen but I can see my pointer on it.

Hi Monica,

What is your target application? Does the issue happen when recording Windows File Explorer or the desktop screen?

Regards,

Hello,

My target application was the internet browser (Opera).The issue happened even with Windows File Explorer or the Desktop. I restarted my computer and for some reason it worked again. Maybe the update worked properly only after restarting my laptop.

Thank you for your answer anyway.

Hi Monica,

Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Hi, I’m using windows 10 and I’ve just downloaded active presenter 8.5.0, as I was not able to add my display source for OBS studio despite following the troubleshooting recommendations online. Initially activepresenter was able to record the videos in my browser (vimeo and youtube). However, when I deleted the Obs studio app, the activepresenter could not record the videos on the browser display - it just shows a frozen screen from when the app starts recording. Audio recording is fine. I’ve already tried changing the settings>display>graphics to power saving (which I did before for Obs studio app), uninstalled active studio and re-downloaded the Obs studio app and did whatever I did before, reinstalled active presenter app but still cannot record videos. I have also tried downloading the older version of active presenter 7.6 but its still the same problem. Any idea how I can fix this?

Hi Michelle,

ActivePresenter can not record some copyright-protected content in web browsers. Can you please try recording some other videos to see if it works?

Regards,

Version 9.0.4 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2022.11.25) windows10. The video appears to record and then crashes and looses the video in the recovered project. It crashes on playback or on conversion. This recording includes sound, and video from camera and video of computer screen.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue, Lisa.

If you see a crash report dialog appear, please fill in your email address and send the report so that we can check.
In case you don’t see the crash report dialog, please send the log of ActivePresenter to support@atomisystems.com to help us analyze the issue further.
To view the log, click the ActivePresenter button > Preferences > Miscellaneous > View Log .
You can refer to this video to see the detailed steps: How to Find and Send ActivePresenter’s Log File - ActivePresenter 8 - YouTube

Best regards,
Thuy