ActivePresenter intermittently stops recording

Problem: ActivePresenter 9.0.7 intermittently stops recording. Out of 2 or so hours of content, it will occasionally stop recording at around the 30-35 minute mark and everything else is lost.

ActivePresenter version: 9.0.7 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2023.03.15)

Windows 10
Notes:
I have been using this program for around half a year now and never had this problem before. Is there something about the new updates that is causing this issue?

Hi Hana,

Please share the ActivePresenter log file so we can check? To view the log:

• In the Start Page, click Preferences (the Gear icon)
  • Select Miscellaneous.
  • Click View Log.

Besides, I just want to add that ActivePresenter is mainly designed for creating training tutorials and eLearning content with a duration of approximately 1 hour.
It wasn’t intended as a simple screen recorder for recording very long hours.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response. The log seems to be too long to paste in the provided text box, so I will attach a google docs link with the log pasted there. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CS-gIOOH19I6_jN6w8QtiYYAn9Xpp-TWjN9_ZxZMPV0/edit?usp=sharing

I see, if the program itself is not made for long recordings, that may explain the cutting off. I will try to find other software to record in the future.

Thank you,
Hana

Sorry for the late reply, Hana.

We cannot reproduce your issue in our test.
For your information, when recording, if you lock your computer screen, ActivePresenter still records the audio normally but your recorded video will display the lock screen frame.

Best regards,
Thuy