ActivePresenter frequently stops working on slide preview

Problem:
I’m working on a project where I have multiple slides with screen recording and animations. The application stops responding quite frequently when I’m running the slide preview. It happens on different slides at random. The only option is to kill the application and start over.
It’s getting extremely frustrating.
Thanks for your help.

ActivePresenter version: 8.5.5

Notes:
The project file is on OneDrive fully synchronized on local hdd
According to task manager I have a 60% CPU free and 25% RAM free when the crash occurs.

Hi,

Did you see the crash report dialog appears when the app stops responding?

If the crash report dialog appears, please fill in your email address and send it to us (support@atomisystems.com).
In case the crash report doesn’t show up, please send us your project so we can check.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hello, this also happens to me, mostly when importing Powerpoint containing videos. It isn’t random though, it happens Everytime I preview and yes, very frustrating. The app just locks up without a crash report dialog.

The workaround I have found is to move the problem slide to the beginning of the presentation, work on it there since it doesn’t seem to crash in that situation, and then move it back into place when I’ve finished.

Not a solution, but hope it helps you keep moving forward.

Cheers,
Keith

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have just released an update (8.5.6) which includes a fix for the problem.

Regards,