ActivePresenter focus/blur loop when Tabindex present

Problem: I have a HTML page with a single input type=“text” and an iframe containing my ActivePresenter presentation with a single TextEntry on it with a tabindex set to auto.

When I click into the TextEntry I see the class=“ap-ctrl ap-focused” set.
If I then click into my main page text input, I see the “ap-focused” removed and then the focus is immediately reset back to the ActivePresenter TextEntry with the “ap-focused” restored in an instant.

It would appear that there is a focus/blur loop occurring that does not allow focus to leave the ActivePresenter first tabindex element and set focus on the main page input textbox.

ActivePresenter version: 8.5.7

Notes: I do have several example files as well as a video that may help illustrate the issue. I really like this tool and would love to have this focus issue fixed so I can begin building more accessible presentations in the future. Please do reach out!

As a second note, if I set the tabindex to the TextEntry to none, the issue is gone. However, so is any chance to keyboard navigate to the element.

Hi Darry,

Thank you for your report.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this issue at the moment.
We will try to improve this in the near future for users’ better experience.

Currently, you can try embedding the HTML5 output directly in your page instead of in an iframe.
Please refer to the below thread for more information:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Quynh Anh

Good day Quynh Anh,

Thank-you for the feedback. I will try the inline approach.

Food for thought, from an accessibility stand point, we should be careful about forcing focus on elements and instead allow an Assistive Technology user to navigate freely through the content. I’m sure this blur/focus loop is an unintended consequence of trying to “drill down” through the DIV and SVG elements to capture inputs, but perhaps pushing the tabindex code down onto the HTML inputs instead of on the DIV group would simplify the codebase.

Anyway, please do let me know if this is corrected. This would bring ActivePresenter up significantly in the education space where accessibility is critical.

Kind regards,
Darryl