Activepresenter cut/delete range only cuts video not audio

Hi everyone. New user here so be nice:-)

I have ActivePresenter Free version v8.50.

I recorded a video on my Windows 10 PC of full screen (one monitor) plus audio.

When I came to edit it afterwards when I cut or delete a few seconds of timeline (using the green/orange endpoints and “cut range” or “delete range”) the video chunk is removed but the audio remains (seen as the video lagging the audio actions after the removed chunk.

I’m guessing I’m doing something wrong as this clearly isn’t a desirable or normal way to edit a video with audio stream.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Cheers
…Steve

Hi Steve,

It seems that you select only the video object. That’s why the audio still remains.
You should select both the video and audio object in the Timeline pane before cutting or deleting a range:
Note that when a video or audio object is selected, they are highlighted in blue color as in the image above.

Regards,
Yen

Thank you Yen - that was the problem.

Shame that ActivePresenter doesn’t select all streams by default. This also isn’t mentioned in the tutorials.

Thanks again:-)
Cheers
…Steve

Hi Steve,

ActivePresenter is designed in that way so that users can easily edit the audio, video, and other objects in the Timeline pane separately, without affecting the rest. If you want to edit all objects at the same time, just remember to select all of the objects first.

You can refer to pages 168 - 173 of ActivePresenter 8 User Manual to see examples when some objects are selected and none of them are selected when applying a command.
Besides, we will publish a video tutorial in the future to guide users more about it.

Regards,
Yen