Active Presenter-Export error

Problem:I am getting an error message when trying to export HTML. “Could not export image Image_1”. First time ever, that I am getting this message and previous I have exported loads with no problem

ActivePresenter Version: Required. 8.0.6

Notes: Urgent resolution is required.

Hi,

Could you please share your project and its external data folder named PROJECT_FILE_files if any, so we can check?

Regards

Sorry I can’t share the project due to company policy privacy issues.

Hi,

Since we have checked but could not reproduce the issue.
Can you please send us the Image_1 and the log of ActivePresenter to support@atomisystems.com via email, so we can check?
To view the log: In Start Page, click Preferences (the Gear icon) > Select Miscellaneous > Click View Log.

Regards

I snipped the last try of the log. Don’t know how to send you the whole log via email. Hope this helps in resolving the issue.

Hi Mintofee,

The problem may also happen if you are opening the output files (by an Image viewer, for example) but run export that time. Please check if it is your case.

Regards,

Don’t know what that means. However, this is one project out of 10 that I updated and exported HTML5. This is the only one with an issue. Therefore I don’t think that I am doing anything different to the others. No one else in my team have had this issue. Seems a bit random.

This is the log of when I exported it successfully on 14.5.2020.

There is some difference between the 2 logs that might give you a clue why it won’t export now.

Hi,

The file location of your project may be too long and exceeds the Windows limit. Can you please put it into a shorter path to see if the issue happens or not (for example \abc\project_name.approj)?

Regards

1 Like

You are right. That’s what it was. What is the naming limit?

Hi,

I’m glad to hear your issue has been solved.
In the Windows API, the maximum length for a path is MAX_PATH, which is defined as 260 characters.
Please refer to this post to get more information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/naming-a-file#maximum-path-length-limitation

Regards